Saturday, March 26, 2011

This Week In Fort Lauderdale (March 26 thru April 1, 1966)

This Week in Fort Lauderdale was a weekly magazine highlighting the activities happening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for that week. This is the issue from 46 years ago this week. I have scanned all 48 pages and even including a map that marks the locations of every single business advertised (minus the golf courses) in the magazine.
Let me know what you think of the map. I spent all day on it and am not sure I can tell how useful it is.
Edit: Apparently I can't embed the map. Instead, here's the link for the map. If that doesn't work I start stabbing.

This Week In Fort Lauderdale


Be Entertained "Royally" Every Nite This Week Calendar of Events Welcome... After The Sun Goes Down A Choice of Two Fine Stores Le Cordon Bleu Dining Out Tony's Fish Market Winter Home of the Stars Rodeo Lauderdale Ruttger Larry Dixon's Famous Red Carpet Holiday On Ice Publix Markets All New! Venice of America Sight Seeing Cypress Gardens Don't Leave Florida Airlines Schedule The South Florida Gold Coast Show Time Americana Want The Names of Some Really Good Restaurants and Shops? A Jewel By The Sea Sports Now! New Perfecta Gulfstream Dania Jai-Alai Pompano Park Play Golf Use Zip Code Fishing Everyone Should Visit The Islands Movie Schedule Camino Gardens Golden Falcon The Village By The Sea Pompano Park Let's Shop The Gold Coast Backdoor Go-Go South Palm Beach County Cruise to Nassau One Day Trips To The Bahama Islands Calypso A-Go-Go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I've just recently fell in love with your flickr account - I mentioned it on my blog :)

http://kfitzdesign.blogspot.ca/2012/04/what-makes-pie-shops-tick.html

Thanks so much for sharing all these great images!
-katie